This is the article in which we will talk about the history of bobbleheads and their creation.Also, we are going to tell you about the different steps which you can use to make your DIY bobblehead.We will also tell you the materials which you will need to create at home.
What are bobbleheads and their history?
Bobbleheads were first made and released in the First World War era.The first-ever bobblehead was created in the country of Germany for a special purpose.They had created the figurine of their supreme leader known as Adolf Hitler.They had created it so that all the German citizens can remember the thing which he did to keep them safe.
Bobbleheads were created to keep in houses as a collectible and as a memory.Nowadays, it is being kept as a fan base memory and also to decorate your house.The most famous kind of bobblehead which you can find on the market as of the famous personalities.Many websites on the internet can make custom bobble heads for you.
What are the materials required to make the bobbleheads?
Below mentioned is the list of things that you will need to create a simple bobblehead at home.Another thing is that you will need to have some safety like gloves, goggles, etc.
- White polymer clay
- Acrylic colors
- 20 – gauge cable
- 24 – gauge cable
- Aluminum film
- Epoxy adhesive
- Wooden stand
- Line cutters
- Photographs of the person
- Drill machine
What are the steps to create a bobblehead?
Below mentioned are the steps to create DIY bobbleheads at your own home.
- Study the picture and select the feature you want to put in that bobblehead.
- Use the wire cutter to cut the 20 – gauge wire to make the legs, feet’s and hips holder.
- Encase the lower figure with aluminum film, and then envelop the foil with the 24 – gauge wiring.
- You will have to knead the clay until it’s soft and then apply it to the legs section of the bobblehead.
- You will have to drill two holes in the base and put the leg wire in them.
- Cut the 20 – gauge wiring and put it in the shape of the body, and then apply foil and clay on them.
- Then you will need to sculpt the shoes and clothes on it with a knife and glue it.
- Then you will have to bake the figure in the oven at 250 degrees for one hour.
- Then you will have to remove it and let it cool down, and then color it accordingly.