In the 21st century, it is difficult to imagine your life without the Internet. Movies, series, music, friends, work – all this is in the global network. Therefore, we need access to the Internet around the clock.
Even when renting a car with a rental company, you will need internet access at least to set up navigation. Using the services of cheap luxury car rental Dubai, these cars may not have access to the Internet. That is, you simply cannot listen to your music in a rental car, only the radio. We have prepared an article on how to connect the Internet not only in a rental car but also in your car.
Phone as hotspot
- Ease of installation;
- The cheapness of the way.
We go to the settings menu, then we find the line “Sharing”, so we are looking for the item “Wireless networks”, click on” Modem mode”, there we find the item “Wi-Fi access point”. And then we connect your machine to this access point.
- The phone has a small amount of charge, so it will need to be constantly recharged.
Solution: Modern cars are often equipped with two USB ports – the problem of charging the battery is solved.
- Most telephone tariff packages essentially limit traffic in terms of data volume – subsequently there is a decrease in the speed of the Internet.
Solution: Pay extra for the traffic you use.
All you need to connect this device is to have a USB connector. Everything is simple.
- Reliability of the device;
- Even if you get out of the car, the Internet will still work.
- Low quality of signal reception and transmission.
Solution: It is recommended to purchase an additional Internet signal amplifier.
Cars with built-in internet
This method is not cheap. A rental company will help you save your money in the case of a car with built-in Internet. Your task will be to put employees in front of the fact that you want a car for rent with built-in internet.
- High Internet speed, because the access point is specially built for this car;
- Remote control over the car.
For this method, laptops with an already built-in access point are perfect.
- The battery capacity is higher than that of a smartphone;
- The laptop picks up the signal better.
An example is a laptop with a Windows operating system.
Go to the “Options” menu, find the “Network and Internet” tab, look for “Mobile hotspot” and allow the use of an online connection on other devices.
Routers combine channels of several mobile Internet providers into a single stream, creating a reliable high-speed access channel. 2G/3G/4G devices work with any data transfer standards. Aggregation and switching occurs automatically, transparently to the user. In other words, we use the power of all available mobile operators at the same time so that you always stay connected.
It is more efficient than a USB modem and car router.
This connection option provides access to various functions. For example, it allows you to organize video surveillance in a car via the Internet based on cameras with a Wi-Fi module.
Satellite Internet connection requires a set of equipment. The antenna can be installed on the roof or inside the vehicle.
The device must have dust and moisture protection, complete water resistance, and the ability to work stably in a wide temperature range.
- The cost of equipment and the complexity of connection;
- Installation and configuration is carried out in service centers.