Imagine visiting a pleasing music website design that is both pleasing to the eye and simple to operate. Nice, isn’t it? But what if you discover that this design that uses plenty of light colors and images of meadows is for a band that supports the gothic look and sings the blues? Most visitors would run away from the site as fast as they can and such a site would definitely undermine the band.
That is why it is important that any musician website design is designed appropriately. Any good looking design would not be appropriate. To impress visitors and ensure that they respect you as a musician, you need a musician website design that reflects you as an artist. The design should support your efforts and help accurately present yourself to everyone. But how can this be achieved?
Let’s take a look at some tips on creating an impressive web design.
1. Know yourself as a musician: Before you can create a site that reflects you as a musician, you first need to be aware of yourself as one. You need to know the kinds of songs you sing, the kind of music you produce, and the kind of emotions you portray. At this point, you might argue that you are still evolving and are likely to do something different soon. If that is the case, you can always modify your design to reflect your new image when you get one. Your musician website design needs to reflect who you are now.
2. Know what fans expect from you: After you know what you offer to fans and followers, you need to determine what your fans expect from you personally. You also need to determine what these fans expect when they visit your site. Also find out the type of people who follow you and make a list of things that attract them and the things that attracts them to you. Your musician website design and layout needs to be able to attract these people.
3. Content: For a good musician website design needs to present content that reflects the tastes of you visitors. The content needs to enable you to connect with them and reflect their interests. Content of your site also needs to include a brief about yourself and your music along with information about any gigs, events, merchandise, upcoming music, and downloadable music samples. Of course, this content needs to be organized properly and should not look haphazard.
4. Easy to load: The hallmark of a good website is that it is easy to load. It should not have too many distracting items or, god forbid, music or animations that load automatically. In addition to making the site heavy, these features cause a huge distraction and are more of an annoyance.
5. Look and feel: The look and feel you use in your website should reflect you as a musician. However, avoid too many colors or images as they are just clutter. Use contrasting colors for background and font and let the font style complement the images without making the fond unreadable. Use bold headings, don’t overuse, to highlight things you want visitors to pay attention to and make judicious use of actionable prompts to make it easy for the visitor to sign up for a newsletter, download sample music, attend your events, or even buy your music.